Today is December 1, 2012 and it’s 11:55 p.m. Wow, it’s been almost a whole year since I’ve written a blog post. I want to first start off by saying that I am truly thankful to the Lord for keeping for the whole year of 2012. I have to say that 2012 has been a wonderful but yet challenging year for me. I have lost family members, RIP Daddy aka Grandfather (James Jackson) and Granny Chris. I’ve had all kinds of sicknesses and many other challenges in my life. However, I’m thankful to the Lord Jesus Christ that I am still here. Hallelujah! Thank You Lord Jesus! Even though I’ve faced challenges, I have to honestly say that this year has been such a great year. The Bible tells us to write the vision and make it plain which is one reason why I have decided to create this blog.
In 2011, I posted a blog called Accomplishments & Goals and wrote a list of 13 things that I would like to see accomplished for the year of 2011.
These are the following goals I have set for myself in 2011:
1. Spend more time with God
2. Find Me A Job in my Field
3. Start my own Business
4. Create an Website
5. Get my Business License and Tax ID
6. Get back into College
7. Finish Writing all the books I have started
8. Publish the Power in Prayer of Faith
9. Get a Make Over
10. Lose Weight and get in shape
11. Move out of my parents house
12. Get my drivers license
13. Go to the Army
The goal #1 was to spend more time with God is something that I am constantly striving for. I did find myself spending more time reading the Word of God, praying, and talking with God. However, at one point I fell off and started slacking because of the many challenges that I have had to face. I lost some friends, fell into some old sinful habits, got sick on several occasions. Some new things happened in our household. Lot’s of other things happened. With that in mind, instead of asking to spend more time with God my prayer is that God help me to be more diligent and committed to spending time with God, serving God, and loving God. Lord help me to do better please. 🙂
The goal #2 was to find me a job in my field. The reason this has not come to pass is because I have not been looking. For school, I will have to do an Practicum and two internships which will take up most of my time. If I were to find a job right now I would have to quit the job in about a year or so to focus on the Internship and I really did not want to go through with that. Hopefully and prayerfully I can have an paid Internship.
The goal #3 was to start my own business and I am thankful to God for blessing me to start my business called Shamonj Gifts LLC.
The goal #4 was to create an website. I am thankful to God for my web designer Anthony helping me to design www.shamonjgifts.com for Shamonj Gifts LLC. He originally helped me to create it in 2005 but he didn’t start creating it until 2010. However, I changed the look of it in 2011.
The goal #5 was to Get my Business License and Tax ID. This goal should have been attached to goal #3. Shamonj Gifts LLC is an licensed company in the state of Michigan and I have my tax ID. The business is classified as a publisher. Eventually I would like to build a team to work for my company and pay them. I would like to be able to hire someone to be on the executive board, managers, supervisors, employees, etc…….
The goal #6 was to Get back into College. I am thankful to the Lord that I am enrolled at Walden University working towards my second Master’s in Science of Mental Health Counseling. So far I have 2 more classes, 1 practicum and 2 internships to go and then I will be finished. I can’t wait until I graduate! I would love to go back to school and get my PHD or Doctorate Degree. I haven’t decided which major I would get for that higher level of education yet.
The goal #7 is to Finish Writing all the books I have started but I have not finished them. However, this is something I am currently working on.
The goal #8 was to Publish the Power in Prayer of Faith but I didn’t publish it at all because I need someone to edit it for me. Recently I have been editing the book myself and will send it to my editor to edit it. I also changed the name of the book to the Power to Make A Difference. In the future I will also create an scholarship fund called The Power to Make A Difference Foundation. A scholarship will be given to people who are making a difference in their community to three people who qualify every year. Even though I didn’t publish The Power to Make A Difference, I did publish 2 books. One is called The Only One I Love and the other is called My Vision Journal. The Only One I Love is published in both the English and French language on the kindle and in paperback. Special thanks to John Biao for translating my English book from English to French.
The goal #9 was to Get a Make Over. I just started this new business and I haven’t put an effort into getting an make over. This will have to be something that I will have to do next year.
The goal #10 was Lose Weight and get in shape. One day when I was watching Dr. Oz on TV, I saw these women who were between 500 and 700 pounds. I had tears in my eyes seeing them and realized that I didn’t want to be like that. So I started to watch what I ate. For a minute I was training my body. However, I became discouraged and stopped. I got back into old habits and even gained some weight. I plan to work harder and lose the weight so I can get in great shape. The Bible says lay aside every weight and sin that so easily beset you. So by faith I am laying this weight down in Jesus name! God will help me!
The goal #11 was to Move out of my parents house. I didn’t get the opportunity to move out because I am not financially stable to do that right now. However, this is a goal that I will definitely continue to work towards.
The goal #12 was to Get my drivers license. This is another goal that I did not accomplish unfortunately. However, I did manage to get my permit. My goal is to take drivers training and then get my license and save money so I can get me a car. I need to be able to get around on my own!
The goal #13 was to Go to the Army. I changed my mind about going to the army because I don’t really like the idea of the government owning me. Another reason is because I don’t feel that I am healthy enough for it.
Ok here are the new set of goals.
1. To become more connected to Christ Jesus, develop a better relationship with him, hear is voice daily, and stay diligent and 100% committed to Christ Jesus.
2. To become more skilled in the Bible and the Word of God, pray and minister to people.
3. To lose weight, get in shape, and get an makeover from the inside out.
4. To fall in love with and get in a relationship with a God fearing and Holy Ghost filled, loving, kind and honest Elite man that God has for me.
5. To get my drivers license and get myself a car.
6. To graduate from Walden University with my Master’s Degree in Mental Health Counseling and become an Licensed Mental Health Counselor.
7. To get a job in the Counseling field.
8. To publish 3 books and 1 journal. The name of the books are The Power to Make A Difference, The Meek Russell Story, 100 Reasons Singles Should Keep Their Legs Closed.
9. To start a scholarship fund called The Power to Make A Difference and give out 3 scholarships in 2014.
10. To become more organized and neat!
11. To make lot’s of money!
12. To finish writing all the books that I started and never finished.
13. To read many of the books that I have purchased and apply them to my life and my business.
14. To get my own place and move out of my mom’s place.
15. To find a church home.
16. To design more graphics and help others to get their book published.
17. To become an certified Belief Therapist.
18. To develop new friendships and become closer to the friends that I already have and reconnect with good old friends.
19. To do speaking engagements at churches, schools, etc……..
20. To do more shopping and get all the things I need and desire.
21. To become a better Shawne!
22. To continue to work on and add to my website.
23. To have good success at everything I touch!
24. To become an best selling author!
25. To have more peace and joy in my life.
26. To be free and have more fun!
27. To create more business partners and network with more people in the fields of Counseling, publishing, writing, graphic design and other occupations.
28. To get my passport and travel everywhere.
29. To do book signings and book release parties.
30. To go to different business meetings, conferences, etc…..
31. Join counseling, graphic design, and writing organizations.
32. Invest in stocks and bonds.
33. Create a Business bank Account.
34. To get a business mentor.
35. To forgive others and restore broken relationships with family and to eliminate all negative people from my life.
36. To publish more books on the Kindle and paper back.
37. To take a cruise.
38. To brand and succeed in my business.
I confess in Jesus name that God will do all of these things. The Bible says write the vision and make it plain so I have did just that! I am trusting God to help me to bring these things to pass.